This privacy notice relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following online services:
- our website
- social media or Castleton Farm content on other websites
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
Our privacy notice explains:
- what information we collect
- how we use that information
- the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information
- the steps we take to ensure your information is kept secure and confidential
- how long we will hold your information for
- how to contact us
1. Who are we?
Castleton Farm is a family-run business growing and supplying fruit, manufacturing food products and running a café and farm shop.
2. What information does Castleton Farm collect about me?
When you contact us, sign up to our website, enter a commercial agreement or access our services, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, job title, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth.
3. How does Castleton Farm use the information it collects about me?
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection laws. We use the information we collect to maintain, protect and improve what we offer you, to develop new products and services and to protect Castleton Farm and our clients. We also use this information to offer you tailored content.
Castleton Farm will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to carry out commercial activities and agreements, including fulfilling contractual obligations
- to provide you with relevant information about Castleton Farm services in which you have expressed an interest
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes
- where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your purchases on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters.
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide
4. When will Castleton Farm contact me?
Castleton Farm may contact you:
- regarding fulfilling our contractual or commercial obligations with regards to Castleton Farm services
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Castleton Farm services
- for marketing purposes, as set out in section 3 above
- to update you on any material changes to Castleton Farm’s policies and practices.
Castleton Farm will only send you marketing emails where you have agreed to this. We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us.
5. My rights and choices
You already have certain rights under existing data protection legislation, including a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you, if you request it in writing. From 25 May 2018, you have the following rights:
Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to “block” us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests, or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and user demographics. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we’re continuing to process your personal information.
We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to provide you with your rights in accordance with data protection legislation.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out in this privacy notice and/or make a complaint please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Castleton Farm, Fordoun, Laurencekirk, Kincardineshire AB30 1JX.
If you’re not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
6. Will Castleton Farm share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within Castleton Farm except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Generally, we will use your information within Castleton Farm and will only share it outside the company where you have requested it or given your consent. Sometimes Castleton Farm uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. We require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Castleton Farm requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
7. How long will Castleton Farm keep my information?
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your personal information on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice or until you request it is deleted.
If, having registered for any of our services, you do not use them for a reasonable time (which may vary depending on the service(s) you’ve registered for) we may contact you to ensure you’re still happy to receive communications from us.
Even if we delete your personal information it may persist on back-up or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.